1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lost guinea :(

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Badhbh, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Bosley and the girls were out scratching today when a lawnmower scared them. Bos went one way, and the girls went the other. I found him and the 2 white girls, but Samantha is nowhere to be found. They rarely ever leave the yard, so they've got good home training. What are the chances of her finding her way back? I know guineas aren't too smart. I'm worried about the poor thing.

2. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    She might come back on her own but sometimes they go so far it takes a while. Just keep searching for her and check everywhere.

3. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    Mine like to search out ways to vanish [​IMG] Hope yours shows up soon!

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    My neighbors guineas are so loud that hopefully your ones that came home will call her back [​IMG]

5. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    i had a guinea get loose the first day i got her and she ran across the street into the woods and vanished . FOr a few days i seen her in the nieghbors yard across the street and then she vanished and i figured she got eaten . Well a month later i seen a nieghbor down the street and he asked me if i had lost a guinea becasue one showed up and roosts on the top of his chicken run at night .

She will show up or she will end up at a nieghbors !!!
    Did i mention the neighbors house was about 40 houses down the street . In a wooded area filled with foxes,eagles,cyotes everything . She will be fine just keep a look out lol

Good luck

6. feathersgalore

feathersgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Guinea usually don't like to be by themselves. I would think she would start yelling for her buddies. Have you heard her? If mine are out of sight of each other they start "locating" the group.

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I hope you find her and get her home, safe and sound.

8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I too hope you get her back. One of mine disappeared one evening as they were all going back to the coop. I knew something was really wrong when I saw only 1 guinea in there with the chickens; those two sisters stuck together like the Baldwin sisters on "The Waltons". I never saw her again, and found no sign whatsoever. I hope she flew off to escape a predator and found a nice safe place. (so says my heart. my head says chances aren't all that great, but at least there is a chance). Good wishes on her safe return

9. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Well, no sign or sound of her. I'm thinking shes gone for good [​IMG]

10. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by