Lost hope

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by championny, Apr 22, 2008.

1. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Day 21: After not going to bed until 4:45 am, I have had a disappointing past few days. The temp decided to flux between 102.2-99.5 very briefly on each end, so I finally had stabilized it. Then the eggs aren't moving as quick as before. My one "Mexican Jumping Bean" is barely a crawl and I am preparing he is dead. Still no pips, no zips and no chicks. [​IMG] Just overall a sad and not what I had anticipated day. I was prepared to be ready, now I don't even want to look at the incubator. I am not rushing, but now that they are barely moving gravely concerns me. Heck, when that one egg was moving and grooving, I thought he'd be an early bird!

We'll see what today brings, but my hope a hatch is slowly fading. I am really concerned about the jumpy egg that's not moving as much. I fear he is dying in there. Humidity not an issue at 66-67% so I am not sure what is wrong. I am going to let nature take its course and we'll see how it goes from there.

2. LittleLola

LittleLola Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    [​IMG] [​IMG] sending you some good hatching vibes [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. championny

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Thanks. I know this can be frustrating, but I am hoping something good happens. Just thinking, I am not going to get too upset until tomorrow, since I realized, I am counting from the day I set them, so there is a chance one more day could make a difference.

My only concern is for the egg that was all over the place and now is not moving as much. i would be upset if he died in there. I know it happens but I just couldn't bear the thought. If it didn't move, like I know some haven't I would not be as upset.

So for the fun of it, I will back track one day and consider today Day 20 and we'll see what happens from there. [​IMG]

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

AH I am sorry, I too have just been through a bad hatch......only one out of 13 made it.......everyone has said that it must have been to high of humidity..but like you mine stayed the same through out the incubation...and like you I am left wondering... I sure hope yours turns out better than mine !

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Is the air vent open on the incubator
    ?

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Don't give up yet! I read this morning where someone on here had a chick hatch out on day 28! We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. championny

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Quote:I open it to control the humidity, but not normally. Should it be? I wasn't sure as it causes me to lose moisture in there. I have tried to get it up but that was the only way that worked.

Still some movement and I know I am not losing it but I could swear I heard a single chirp. It was muffled but no pips.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by