Lost Lady

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by konopswj, Sep 18, 2011.

1. konopswj

konopswj Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2011
    Coopers Plains, NY
    Has any one ever been able to recover an escaped/lost pheasant? My lady amherst escaped today and I was unable to catch him. I know the area he was in last and we live in a small town, so I'm hoping to find him. I've not had him long and this is my first pheasant. I own peafowl and have caught them the few times they've gotten out.

Thanks,
    Walter

2. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

Never a pheasant. But I lost a chicken and found it wandering the neighborhood three days later.[​IMG]

3. konopswj

konopswj Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2011
    Coopers Plains, NY
    It also doesn't help that I just got the little guy, at least my peas know where home is. I feel terrible, but unable to do anything about it as he doesn't want to be caught.

4. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    We had a golden get out yesterday, but fortunately my son and I were able to gather him back.

5. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    I've had them get out and managed to catch them, but I had them for a long time so they had stayed close to their pen trying to figure out how to get back in. Plus still had some in the pen.

6. J3172

J3172 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    I've noticed with the pheasant I raise when they get out they seem to stick around and try getting back into the pens. Or have them trying to fight other males in different pens. With that being said I had a pen blow over this spring and the pr of Lady amherst were to never be seen again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by