1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lost Muffin My Millie Hen Today

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dieselgrl48, Sep 21, 2010.

1. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    [​IMG].I Haven't a clue.She has been laying an egg daily almost now on and off for week's.She had been pretty much free ranging around and sticking with a group of a couple of my other bantam's.The other 2 millie hen's and roos's didn't have a lot to do with her.She alway's went back to coop at night.The last couple of day's she had tended to be staying in the one coop where she had been laying on shelve's some.I thought that maybe she was going to try and go broody on a few egg's.Today around 3 Pm I went to horse stall to get the mama chick's and my columbian's that neighbor gave me last week their evening water and feed.She was in the one pen all layin on side. There was no sign of injury or anything.I got her up and took her to basement and got a tote of fresh shavings and put her in.I think she was dead before I got her in there. [​IMG]. She had been doing fine except for acting like broody as she was in yard with us yesterday eve. I noticed her crop did seem a bit bit big. She was one of my favorite's tooo.[​IMG]. It kill's me when I dunno when they just die like that. Weird thing is one of those Columbian bird's has been just sitting around for days not active like the other's.I hope that guy didnt give me sick birds!I kept them in that pen for a couple week's by themselve's and they seemed fine all the rest have even came outside a couple time's but stay close and go back in.They seemed really healthy except for that one now.

2. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    I am so sorry for your loss. It seems like it is always our favorites too!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by