Lost My Beautiful White Crested Polish Roo.....RIP my Sweet one

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, Dec 25, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

He was a very Nice roo and a true Gentleman. Never mean. I have some eggs in the bator..... hope i get one to hatch.

He is the third Polish roo I have lost recently and i fear their is going to be a forth. It is only the roos, they start with a head tilt and then lose balance and then just waste away. I've treated for everything under the sun, and it always happens at a time when getting a necropsy is almost impossible............. ugh. He however just up and died. i didn't know his age when I got him, but I loved him and he gave me such joy....

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  2. I am so sorry about your bird [​IMG]
    It is very sad when a nice bird dies [​IMG]
    I hope you can find out what is wrong.

Matthew

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

My, he was such a beauty. I would have killed for a roo like that, and he sounds like the sweetest thing. I really hope you find the cause of these losses and stop it soon.

4. little horse

little horse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    centerville texas
    i am so sorry, my roo is turning 6 years old and hate to think of him passing on

5. It is always so hard to loose a bird that is special. I too love my roos and since there are not so many of them, it makes a big difference when one of these guys is lost.

6. chickenGRAFFITI

chickenGRAFFITI Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2009
    Sorry for your loss on this holiday.

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Thank you, my husband and I both loved him alot. If anyone has any of his sons or daughters I'd like to get some eggs........................ He was one in a million. [​IMG]

8. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Awe, so so sorry. I'm still in mourning, too, for my favorite Polish I lost. It's hard to find a good rooster, you were very fortunate.

9. Apprentice_egger

Apprentice_egger Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Morrisville, Vermont
    Gee, I kinda know how you feel.

I got a white Polish rooster that the former owner decided just didn't fit in last week and I was trying to get him to be calm around us by petting him. Well, he was a free range chicken in a big barn and now he's in a extra large dog carrier for quarantine. He flew out into my crowded shed and knocked himself out completely. I thought for sure he was dead, but I rubbed him and stroked his neck for a while until he showed signs of life. He was very dizzy for a while, but I made sure he was up and cranky as ever before leaving him. Now he just has to regrow his feathers after having the other roosters where he used to live pick on him.

[​IMG]

10. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Sorry for your lose It must be a rough year for polish. My daughter lost both her roosters in the last few months and she just called me earlier to say she went out to close her coop and both her blue hens were dead. She is beside herself. She has lost her entire flock of polish somce June. I am supposed to pick up a pair of blue polish for her tomorrow. I already told her they stay at my house until shes sure everything is safe overthere.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by