Lost my beloved Bambi tonight.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I come home to my poor scovie girl splattered across the road. I had to pick her up and carry her home in the dark. I also had to pick up her intestines and pelvic bone by hand so nothing would eat any part of her.

Im distraught. Broken. I dont care if she was a duck - she was my duck. And now she is gone.

The sad part is i cant even explain what happened on here because i will get reprimanded by people on here. Because its 'my fault'. My baby girl is gone and there is nothing i can do as my heart turns to ash. Tonight i had to put my friend in a trash can because the ground igt too hard and its pitch black out. That feeling cant be understood by those who havent personally experienced it.

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    So sorry to hear about your baby. [​IMG]

3. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    [​IMG] So sorry for your loss.

4. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No reprimands here. You are a good and caring duck mom. It's a natural part of the grieving process to feel guilty and blame yourself, but remember that no one is perfect and all that matters is that we do the best we can. Let the person who has never made a mistake cast the first stone.

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is devastating. I lost my beloved ocicat in much the same way--I threw him outside in a thunderstorm because he was being loud and I was exhausted and a new mom, and he was caterwauling all night long. Something got him and killed him and I didn't find his body until it was full of maggots and being eaten by vultures. I had to drive the vultures off from his stinking body in order to bury it. Not a pleasant memory.

But I've learned to forgive myself, and you can too.

For now, though, just grieve and know that there are folks out here grieving for you and sending peaceful thoughts your way.

[​IMG]

5. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    [​IMG]

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    aWWWWW hunny Im so sorry [​IMG]

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] I am so sorry. It does not matter what she was she was your baby. I am so sorry for your loss. You were a good mommy. God Bless

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I too am so sorry for your loss, [​IMG]

9. ejctm

ejctm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
    Hey GW, Sorry to hear about your precious duck. They are all so special in their own way. Don't let anyone tell you she was just a duck - she was part of your family.

Life is too short to feel guilty. We all make mistakes and take risks and most of the time it all works out fine. Don't beat yourself up about it. We are all only human after all.

I'm sure Bambi knew how much you cared for her, and you gave her a good and happy life. Remember all the happy times with her. [​IMG]

10. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    I'm so sorry about your Bambi. [​IMG] It's especially traumatic when you have to deal with cleaning up their badly mangled bodies, too... That's the sort of thing that stays with you. No criticism at all here--we all lose birds to mistakes and accidents sometimes. At least she hopefully had a quick end, and I'm sure you gave her a good life. Keep the memories of her within you fondly... I'm sorry you had to lose her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by