Lost my best dog ever

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bigchickenman, Nov 24, 2009.

1. bigchickenman

bigchickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Miamisburg,Ohio
    I lost my Best dog that I have ever had.Her name was Cheyenne and she was a Bouvier Des Flanders,she was almost nine years old.She was a gift from a great friend of mine for years.Cheyenne has been fighting breast cancer for about six months and finally the SICK SICK disease won.I just hope that no one else ever has to go threw this with their pet or family member and that they will soon find a cure.

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] I'm soooooo sorry.....[​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Sorry about your dog.....I've lost two of my house cats to breast cancer too in the last couple of years.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    So sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. muell112

muell112 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Bangor, ME
    I just found out yesterday my best girl has terminal cancer. I knew this day would come but I didn't know it would be so soon. She is almost 12.

6. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    So sorry for your loss.

muell, sorry to hear about your sad news as well.

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

8. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    So sorry.

9. ohiofarmgirl

ohiofarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    sorry. thats a tough one. hang in there.

10. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I am so sorry for your loss. Dogs seem to worm their way into your heart and are more of a family member than a pet.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

Author unknown...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by