Lost my Chickie today :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crystalchik, Jan 16, 2009.

1. crystalchik

crystalchik Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    Hi everyone, I wasnt sure where else to go that I knew would understand the loss of a feathered friend like you guys.
    I lost my baby today, Chickie was her name. She was a little white bantam with a black tail. We had her for 11 years and though she was perfectly healthy, my dogs got loose and attacked her. Her nickname was Houdini because she had an escape out of the coop that no one could find. Today was her unlucky day. And what kills me is that I dont even have any chicks from her. Im so crushed.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Oh, so very sad. She must have lived a very good and happy life to have lived 11 years with you. So sorry for your loss [​IMG]

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

What a drag, sorry for your loss, and yes everyone does understand here, it's a good place to be..

5. MrsShag

MrsShag Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    [​IMG] Very sad, I am so sorry!

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I'm so sorry. 11 years is a long, long life for a chicken so she must have been well cared for.

7. katiek

katiek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2008
    Wildwood, GA
    Oh man! That's the worst.

[​IMG]

I'm so sorry for your loss.

8. crystalchik

crystalchik Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2008
    Central Florida
    Thank you so much everyone, you guys make feel so much better. I got a blessing from God just a few minutes ago when I found 3 of her eggs that should be fertile. It was just a whole series of events that lead to finding them and it was obvious that God was at the other end answering my seemingly hopeless prayers [of having a chick from her]. (I dont mean to be disrespectful of anyone who doesnt believe in God!)
    Thank you so much and I hope that you can see God working in your life like He is in mine.
    God bless!
    Crystalchik

9. sis

sis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    PA
    Glad to hear your found the 3 eggs.

10. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    I'm so sorry to hear about Chickie. How terrible after having her so long!

But how wonderful about finding her eggs. Here's [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] they develop and hatch perfectly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by