Lost my first baby today

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bechicken, Feb 26, 2017.

1. bechicken

bechicken Out Of The Brooder

Dec 24, 2016
    I bought this batch of 4 yesteady and 1 baby didn't make it through the night. They are called Americana but I see they might be easter eggers. The last ones I've gotten are a week old if not a few days older. These a babies, can't be but a few days old. Scared to loose any more. They have clean butts and the 3 are eating and sleeping alot. I've had to make them drink. I haven't seen them drink on their own yet. I have 10 others that a growing like weeds.

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    1 person likes this.
  3. bechicken

Dec 24, 2016
    I seen the 2 bigger ones drinking water and eating but the 3rd is the littlest and she has eating a ltitle and hides under the bigger two. I'll try the other place you suggested.

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good luck to you and the little one [​IMG]

5. bechicken

Dec 24, 2016
    Thank you.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. bechicken

Dec 24, 2016
    Okay, I'm really confused. The littlest one is still with us and is more active, but seems to not eat from the feeder but the crumbs around it when the others are eating. Still haven't seen her drink but I have been giving her water by syringe. Wondering if shes having sight issues. Just doing what I can do keep her going. She looks like the runt of the three.

7. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

What I do is put food into a bowl....And also water......Use a shallow bowl for water till the chick figures it out......Sometimes certain ones wont eat from those feeders? ...Not sure why?

Try that......best of luck.....

Cheers!

8. bechicken

Dec 24, 2016
    Thank you.. I seen her eat like the others and drink from the waterer. I'm one happy momma. Thank you all..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by