My D Toulouse gander came down with Botulism Saturday, and although we tried to fight it off, he passed early this morning. I am still trying to figure out how he became infected in the first place so I can protect the rest of my flock, but I am starting to suspect the bedding in their shed because I sometimes mix wood chips with grass clippings to make it go farther. Could this be harboring the bacteria? could it possibly be their water? This has been the second case this fall. I'm so upset about loosing him. You know how ganders can be, they are always trying to challenge and out-smart you, but at the same time, they're your man, and he was my buddy.