Lost my Jack! Updated pic of new pup!

ColbyNTX

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Woods, TX
Jack was my 7 month old Great Pyrenees and turning into a great guardian. Last Friday he seemed to not be feeling very good but it was 108 actuall temp. As soon as the sun started to set, he was on patrol all night. Sat morning, same thing but Sat night, back on patrol. Sunday was the same story but I knew it was more than the heat but Sunday night he was back on patrol with his mate Katie who is 13 days younger than him. I told my wife that Monday morning I was taking him to the vet to see what it could be thats wrong with him. They patrolled as a team with one at eack end of my 100 yard long barn. Barking back and forth all night. Early Monday morning I went out to feed and check on him and found him dead in the spot where he sits all night. No wounds anywhere to be found. We were all very upset and didn't have a clue what could have happened to him. Later that afternoon, my wife called me and told me her turck was acting funny and a warning light had come on. I met her in town and saw that the radiator was empty in her 7.3 powerstroke. Filled it up and drove home but it was leaking at a slow stream. When I pulled into the parking spot I noticed that the parking spot was stained with a trail with a green tint. Antifreeze! I was so upset and my 12 year old son said " I noticed something dripping from the truck the other day but forgot to tell you". Katie and the 2 cats didn't drink any and are doing fine. This is just a warning out there to everybody to be careful and notice anything dripping from a vehicle. I rarely drive that truck or I would have noticed the stain on the driveway. I have a new puppy in route from TN here to East TX and should be here in the morning to keep Katie company and form a new team. We will miss you Jack.

JAck at about 8 weeks
30095_new_pups_035.jpg

Here is the new pup we got on Sunday. He came here to East Texas from Lynchburg, TN. He is doing great and doesn't bother the birds at all. I think he is going to be a great dog. I did think Katie was going to kill him at first but now she is taking care of him and showing him the ropes.

30095_2011_peachicks_063.jpg

Last edited:
OMG,so sorry about the loss of your handsome boy.Thank you for sharing,as this is something that could be easily overlooked.

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for passing on the info. Its hard to keep a handle on everything. Its Murphy's law I guess. Sure was a fine looking dog.Get another one & roll on it wasn't your fault. Name it Jack as well.

Sorry for your loss. Antifreeze is bad stuff. It's sort of miraculous that your cats did not ingest some. They are purportedly especially attracted to antifreeze.

Quote:
I think my almost 4 year old son already decided the new pup we are getting tomorrow is going to be Jack.

hugs.gif
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious little man...
My heart breaks for you...
hit.gif

Having lost precious pets myself I wish I could say or do more for you...

Quote:
I think my almost 4 year old son already decided the new pup we are getting tomorrow is going to be Jack.

Good for you. It will help keep your mind off the other Jack.

Back
Top Bottom