Lost my naked neck roo today

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bisqit&Gravy, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    For the past 2 months or so, Mo has been attacking me when I got eggs or when I entered his yard. It's been getting worse and this morning he got me good and spurred my leg. I ignored him and pushed him away but when I went to give them food, he went towards my face. When I turned to walk away he jumped up and hit me in the middle of my back.
    So, I took him to work, sedated him and put him to sleep. It sucks but it's better that way. I've had him since he was a chick and couldn't give him away b/c I didn't want him to go badly.....I was attached to him.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sorry you had to go thru that, but IMO you made the right decision. [​IMG]

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    ooh Im so sorry-thats so sad when you are so emotionally attached to them for so long and they do that...I understand what you did and why -I would ahve done the same thing no matter how hard it was-

4. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks ya'll for the kind words. I got him last summer from someone on here. He wasn't even a year old yet. My 2 black australorp hens seem quite happy today with him not hounding them non stop. Now I'm wondering if I can introduce them to my OEGB or maybe my cochin bantams when they get bigger???? The girls are very laid back. Hmmm, don't know maybe I'll do a test run eventually and see what happens. I just know there will be no more standard roos here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by