Lost My Roo Yesterday---(pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lesalynn, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    Well, I lost my rooster, Columbo, yesterday. The only mature roo I had! He was wonderful, took great care of his hens. Wonderful producer. I am SO glad I had been incubating as many eggs as possible the last past few months. Over half of his chics have inherited his looks, demeanor, and over-all appearance. I am very sad to lose him, he will be irreplaceable. I am on day 6 with the last batch of his eggs that he will ever be a daddy to. I had really liked the cross between him and my EE hen. I have 6 of her eggs in the bator, along with 25 eggs from the other hens. I am hoping this hatch does really well. Here are some pics of Columbo, a couple of his hens, and his first two batches of babies. (All except the red ones are his)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Critter Crazed

Critter Crazed Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead

Jun 22, 2009
    I'm soooo sorry for your loss. [​IMG]
    He was definitely beautiful. I hope your last batch of eggs from him will all hatch well. [​IMG]

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Sorry, he was a HANDSOME man!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by