Lost my scovie drake :(

Birdcrazy

Songster
10 Years
Dec 21, 2009
Australia
Today found my drake, Chester, killed and pulled apart by a fox... he's started flying again and a fox got him before we were supposed to clip his wings
sad.png
I'm completely heart broken.
Never going to be greeted at the gate of our block by him, take him for rides in the trailer, cuddle him, take him to the dam
hit.gif

Or watch him amuse himself with his reflection when the girl is on her nest...

No one understands why I'm so upset about him
sad.png

Charlotte started sitting on her nest today too... the last Chester babies
sad.png

I am sorry
hugs.gif

I understand your loss and how it hurts. I posted only a few threads down from you, of my own grief.
I hope your girl hatches out another that will be like him- while it won't replace him and the relationship you shared, I hope you find comfort in the new babies.

Yeah we waited where the fox burried the corpse of Chester to shoot him when he came back at night... no show. Not going to keep waiting, going to give Chester a proper grave. He was such a sweet duck
sad.png

He was a real character and always made us smile, its going to be lonely.
We brought Charlotte home when she started flying and she's got a nest now, a few fertalised eggs I'm pretty sure. She laid her eggs in a pot plant next to the dog's bed (who sleeps all day) so she's never alone lol. I gave her a few eggs i'd collected earlier that I'm pretty sure are fertalised, so fingers crossed
fl.gif

Just another friend, who's got Chester in it, would be nice
hmm.png

Thanks peeps
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom