Lost my scovie drake :(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Birdcrazy, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Today found my drake, Chester, killed and pulled apart by a fox... he's started flying again and a fox got him before we were supposed to clip his wings [​IMG] I'm completely heart broken.
    Never going to be greeted at the gate of our block by him, take him for rides in the trailer, cuddle him, take him to the dam [​IMG]
    Or watch him amuse himself with his reflection when the girl is on her nest...

No one understands why I'm so upset about him [​IMG]

Charlotte started sitting on her nest today too... the last Chester babies [​IMG]

2. savingdogs

savingdogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Those of us here at BYC understand! So sorry for your loss.

3. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I am sorry [​IMG]

I understand your loss and how it hurts. I posted only a few threads down from you, of my own grief.
    I hope your girl hatches out another that will be like him- while it won't replace him and the relationship you shared, I hope you find comfort in the new babies.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry for your loss. Make sure the fox can't get at the hen. He'll be back- sadly enough.

5. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Yeah we waited where the fox burried the corpse of Chester to shoot him when he came back at night... no show. Not going to keep waiting, going to give Chester a proper grave. He was such a sweet duck [​IMG]
    He was a real character and always made us smile, its going to be lonely.
    We brought Charlotte home when she started flying and she's got a nest now, a few fertalised eggs I'm pretty sure. She laid her eggs in a pot plant next to the dog's bed (who sleeps all day) so she's never alone lol. I gave her a few eggs i'd collected earlier that I'm pretty sure are fertalised, so fingers crossed [​IMG]
    Just another friend, who's got Chester in it, would be nice [​IMG]
    Thanks peeps [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by