1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lost my Silkie chick:(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by TracyLK, May 23, 2011.

1. TracyLK

TracyLK Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    I lost my partridge Silkie due to being constipated. I feel horrible, but I did try everything. I am thinking of picking up 2 more chicks. This is my first time having chicks and I want to make sure all will get along. We have 2 week old silkies (2), Easter Egger bantam, and buff Orphington and 1 week old blue cochins (2). we are thinking about getting 1 more Silkie and a bantam Cochin. They will hatch on Thursday. Do you think all will get along?

2. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I would be hesitant to put younger chicks with older chicks, sometimes the older onces don't let the younger ones eat

3. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    How. Are the chicks you currently have?

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    They should be fine. 2 week olds will be easy to add babies. [​IMG].

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  5. TracyLK

TracyLK Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. My buff Orphington girl seems to tower over my others, one due to the fact hat she is a week older and also since some of the others are bantams. She is starting to lose her fluff. They all cuddle up to her at night and she seems really good with the others. The place where I got them from have some hatching Thursday and I will probably pick them up on either Friday or Tuesday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by