Lost my Silkie :(

Delilah1337

Songster
8 Years
Sep 6, 2011
Spirit Lake, Idaho
105851_2012-01-02_20-02-23_773.jpg

Can someone tell me I'm wrong in thinking this little egg died? This was just candled at the end of day 8. I knew there was a chance the egg wouldnt develop to fully develop but when I checked it the other day it looked great. This is my first incubation so I'm hoping I'm just looking at it wrong but based on all the other pictures I've seen, this is the red ring of death.
sad.png

aww, i'm so sorry. That is what mine all looked like when they quit on me with my last hatch. All silkies as well. It was heartbreaking. I don't know what went wrong with yours, I think mine was issues with the air cells.

I got 3 eggs from a guy on here who's hen had just started laying. I could tell after a few days that 2 weren't going to do anything but the third looked hopeful. Im going to try again soon hopefully and will cross my fingers for better luck. Im sorry to hear you lost some babies too, i know it happens but its still a downer
sad.png

Quote:
This is why many of us won't set pullet eggs. I'm sorry that happened to you. See if you can get a few more eggs from him after she's been laying a few months. Good luck!

Quote:
This is why many of us won't set pullet eggs. I'm sorry that happened to you. See if you can get a few more eggs from him after she's been laying a few months. Good luck!

I knew that they probly wouldn't hatch when I got them, he even gave them to me free since they were so unreliable. I just got my incubator so I was really just looking for a chance to get acquainted with it and try out some wggs before I start hatching expensive birds. I am going to give him a call in a month or so but unt:/il then I have some RIR eggs from a friend to hatch for her to replace her older hens. All in all this wasn't to big of a deal, I was just hoping for some beginners luck

Quote:
As much as I would have liked to have it hatch successfully, I will admit that it was interesting to crack it open and see what it looks like in the early stages of development. My boyfriend and I were surprised to see his eye was quite large compared to the body...

Back
Top Bottom