1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lost my two favorite babies... Damn MN!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by avoight, Jan 24, 2011.

1. avoight

avoight Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2010
    Saint Michael MN
    I lost my favorite chicken AND my favorite duck lastnight [​IMG] I am blaming the weather as I dont have a heat lamp in there insulated coop. I knew my ducky was sick as her feet FROZE she couldnt walk so I brung her in and ran warm water in my tub she unthawed and I kept her in the house all night, she seemed to be doing fine besides "throwing up"? I dont know if it was "throw up" but whenever she would take a drink it would run out of her nose??? Well anyways she was making a very LOUD plea to go back out with her boyfriend so after the first night I put her out durring the day and she seemed to be just fine till I went out lastnight before bed to check on them and she was dead [​IMG] the day before my fave chicken was rock solid... Im super sad!! I raised both of those from chicks/ducklings and they where the only ones that would come up to me and let me hold them.... I have 3 baby EE in the broader now outside with heat lamps, they seemed to be fine but now Im thinking I may want to take them in.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Aww, I'm so sorry. [​IMG] You are probably right, it being the cold and all, but I am not an expert.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by