Lost my weight loss OOMPH...

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
..I've lost my oomph on the weight loss...I'm up 5 lbs since January!!! I started April o1 of 2009 and I was 186 and I got to 123 when I had surgery in spring of 2010..now I have volleyed between 126-130..I HATE IT...

I'm at 130 now...I hate eating, I hate not eating, I hate watching what I eat..so I dont anymore..I dont care anymore...I've lost my will to eat healthy anymore..I really dont care..but yet I do care....I'm tired of going to restaurants and eating chicken breasts, salad w/FF dressings..I want a burger/fries w/the kids...I want pizza...I want jalapeno poppers w/dressing...I want nachos...I HATE THIS...

I do weight watchers, which has helped me lose at one time 60 lbs..now it is 55 lbs since I've gained...

I only have 29 pts for the day and unless I eat stupid vegetables plain ..I'm over everyday..if I eat a steak unless its a sirloin I'm over..a piece of stupid bread is 2 pts..so if I want a lunch sandwich its usuallly about 6-8 pts depending what I put on it..thats A LOT for a sandwich when you only get 29 pts!!

Weight watchers gives you bonus points..but if I eat ANY... I gain..so I HATE THIS...ugh..I need a pep talk...my goal was 120..I'm so far from that again..such a failure!!!

just an FYI-- I am NOT interested in diets...or fad things such as shakes, pills etc..I DO NOT, WILL NOT do them...it is eating REAL food, everyday from my own
kitchen or a restaurant..prepared with NON-odd things that everyone will eat (such as tofu ick..organic foods is not a requirement nor do I care)......

I guess I just need a hand..a shoulder something...

<sigh<

Last edited:
Same here! I have lost 15 pounds(I am at 155 now) which has made a big difference, all day I feel deprived of what I want to eat. I am not on any sort organized diet, I just try to add in my head and not go over 1200 calories(which is sooo easy when dinner is 700 calories). I have been hungry for the last 2 monthes. SOLID

Ugh it's so hard losing weight! I'm on this 17 day diet and for the first 17 day cycle all I can have is lean protien and veggies. I also get 2 servings of fruit and yogurt but I'm dying! I would love a potato. I'm a big carb eater. To make everything worse my SO is a weight lifter and he can sneeze and lose weight. Then he complains about it! I know how hard it is for me to stick to my diet alone I can't imagine watching a child eat pizza while I eat a salad.

I am unfamiliar with the way WW works - do you gain extra points if you do extra exercise? What I'm asking is, if you work out more, can you eat more according to WW? That might be one way to allow yourself that burger and fries or jalapeno poppers once a week - figure out how many extra points you need and do that much extra exercise divided up throughout the week so you can have a "treat" day. No one can survive without treats forever!

I think it is normal to go through times when you don't have the energy or oomph to keep up the diet thing. You are not a failure. My thoughts are to go for some walks to de-stress. It is better for me if I go alone because when someone is talking and I have to respond, I do not get recharged. Also, get off your own case!!! Skinny is just a fashion industry construct. Focus on health rather than weight. Hummm....there are some web sites that are just encouraging that give ideas for feeling good. That is it from me. I am also trying to get better into shape over the summer. Hope it works because I am tired of tight pants!!! : )

That brings up another point, lean muscle burns more calories without doing more work. And I think it is easier for men. Don't forget that women needed to store fat to be sure they wouldn't starve and have their babies die. Survival of the species.

Quote:
I know that when I hit a plateau, I actually eat a little bit MORE THAN usual for about two days, then resume my normal eating/exercise regimen & that kicks me back into gear every time. And when I eat "more than usual", I eat more calories but I still eat good stuff.

For a good occasional burger, go to In & Out and order your burger "protein style". They will serve it to you in a lettuce wrap with no bun. Cuts the burger down by over 200 calories and 40+ carbohydrates… and "white carbs" at that! Think of your food as fuel and give your body what it needs. If you are craving pizza, burgers, etc. (as we all do), maybe there is something in it that you need!

I would personally recommend cutting out anything that even remotely resembles soft bread for a week and see if that helps. Eat toasted bread instead, the more toasted, the better (toasting bread burns sugars, aka carbs, on the surface of the bread, thus consuming them with heat… so then that's just all that many less carbs you're eating if you toast your bread first).

Don't beat yourself up too terribly much. Your Weight Loss Mojo will come back! You have done so well so far… just think of all the benefits you've given to your own personal health, not to mention the example you've set for people around you to eat healthy, INCLUDING your children.

You also need to not flip out about 5 pounds. I gain 5 to 7 pounds every month right before "that time", and by the time "that time" is done, the extra weight is gone. Stay focused on what you've accomplished so far, and you'll kick yourself back into gear in no time!

I'll be thinking of you and pulling for you!

Hang in there !!!!
hugs.gif

I feel your pain.
sad.png
I always lose weight in the summer because it is hot, and we lean towards lots of easy salads in the evening. (Cook a little meat for protein, slice, and toss on salad.) I had to go on steroids for a couple weeks, and realized I gained 5 lbs this week even though I've barely eaten. Sigh. At least the steroids are gone.

Back
Top Bottom