*Lost!: One Bright(?) White Hen! :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by d.k, Mar 5, 2008.

1. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

[​IMG] Went out to take Miss Chook her lunch-- but, all I find is a dark grey chicken!! She had dug herself a HOLE bout 6 inches deep and looks like she rolled in it for an hour!!! (sigh) Bathtime tonight, I guess!!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Hahaha. Sounds like she wanted a nice bath in the dirt! She's like, that was refreshing.

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*And now, with perfect timing, it is starting to rain!!! S'pose she knew?? MAYBE she IS BRIGHT AFTER-ALL!!

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

LOL!

5. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    [​IMG]

Got to love the strange things your chickens do [​IMG]

6. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

*Says you, Cheekon! I let her hang out in the rain until they issued a tornando warning & and when a lull came, went and got her. Gads! What a messy little drowned rat!! The rain barely made a dent in the dirt on her!! And TWO sinkfuls of baby shampoo 'n water and she ain't much better. She REALLY went to town on THIS dirt bath!!! Silly Goomba!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  7. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    LOL, sounds like you have walking mud pie!!! Jenn

8. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

do I see shower and blow-dryer on the horizon ?

maybe when the rain lets up, she'd appreciate a box of "clean" dirt with some food-grade DE in it ...

9. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Yeah, something like that, Kaneke. . . I'd actually been thinking about those hardwood ashes some said their birds so loved-- now though I thinking white sand and white kitty litter and white chinchilla dust!!! [​IMG]

10. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* At least I've got a pretty good fix on the necessary dimensions and DEPTH now!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by