Lost One of my baby chicks this morning

terrilhb

Crowing
11 Years
Dec 11, 2010
Georgia
hit.gif
Woke up this morning and 1 of my new babies Little Bit had passed away. Don't know why. I am just really sad about it. I stll have 6. But it is still so sad. Don't know if it was because of it having trouble walking. I tried to fix the legs and thought it was doing better. The other one is doing good. Don't know what I did wrong. I am just really down.
hit.gif

Oh I'm so sorry. It's hard when something like that happens especially when you've given it extra care. Think on the brighter side... Soon those others will be big fluffy butts giving you an egg almost every day.

So sorry.
hugs.gif
It's nature's way though, the weaker generally don't survive to pass on their weaker genes. It's not easy to watch, especially if you're a mushy animal lover (like me), but it's part of the reality when raising animals. Happy to hear that your others are doing well!
jumpy.gif

Sorry. We all know it can be a bit tough. It's very unlikely you did anything wrong, as the rest are fine. Chances are high that there was more wrong with this chick than the legs, and there was nothing you could have done.

Keeping animals is so rewarding, but does have a down side or two.

It is very hard to watch that tiny life end. I think any baby's death makes me sad, just at the loss of potential. Sometimes the suffering required makes the living unbearable.

I won't get into what happened with my birds, but there's been a couple of major losses. I mourn the dead birds, but all I can really do is try to take better care of the birds that are still here. Predators are my major worry, so I've been building better fences with netting above. I put up every evening and release every morning the babies that are less than four months old. I hope to get a dog to keep the foxes away. That's all I'm able to do.

Remember that you have other fluffy babies that need your good care. Don't waste too much time worrying about the one that died. I believe that even chickens go to Heaven. Everyone that is in Heaven is without suffering.

Please feel better. Go watch your little fluff balls and smile at them.

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. We lost one of our chicks at 3 days old. My son and I were crying our hearts out. But the remaining 4 grew beautifully and are just wonderful! It's always so hard, but sometimes they just don't make it. I don't know if it had anything to do with what we did, but my guess is not as the others thrived. Don't beat yourself up about it. Enjoy the rest of your fuzzybutts. They will have you laughing and smiling in no time!
hugs.gif

RIP Little Bit

sad.png
I know exactly how you feel...we lost one of our babies a few days ago too--no idea why and that's so HARD...
hugs.gif
Were still having a hard time with it...lol, but i know babies in heaven with its 2 others that never hatched...

Back
Top Bottom