Lost one of my best friends today... a furry 4 legged one

TinaK

Songster
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
Australia
I am heart broken. I lost one of my best friends today. My fat cat "Poozel". I know it's only a cat.. but hey this guy stole my heart. I can't stop tearing up... gee girl buck up! You live on a farm... this is the real world.....It's only a cat
hit.gif

mycat.jpg

It might have only been a cat... but he was my baby and I loved him.

I'd had Poozel for 7 years. I got him 12 months after I first moved out of home. He was 9kg heavy at his biggest... he wasn't fat, he was just HUGE. He used to sleep on my bed till we moved to the farm. Oh how I wish we could have just one more night.

I spent well over $3,000 in vet bills on this cat. He always had a sick tummy and for him I would spare no expense. As my new vet said when we moved here ... "Wow your cat has been biopsied from bumhole to breakfast." We first met the local vet when I rushed Poozel to the clinic, after hours, and spent my weekly shopping budget on him... Seeing as we are living on a reduced income nowadays we literally lived out of the cupboards for the next week because we could not afford to eat!

I saw Poozel for the last time late afternoon on wednesday. I was watching him from my bedroom window. He meowed at me once or twice and looked so happy sitting on the lawn in the sun. I can see him in my mind as thought it just happened now. I didn't find him that evening.. and when he hadn't come home by lunch time thursday I was worried. He had always been an indoor cat in town.. and had only been allowed outside since we moved out of the city.

I called and called for him... day and night but he didn't come home. I knew something was wrong.

At about 7pm this evening I found his body next to the front step of the verandah. I know he wasn't there at 2am this morning... because that is exactly where I stood when I was calling for him. When I saw him I yelled out to my hubby that I'd found Poozel and asked him to come and see why he was dead.. and then the water works started.
hit.gif

I don't know why he died. He used to get a bad bladder due to stress so I just hope that he didn't get a bladder blockage and that I didn't notice. He's never had a blockage before so I doubt that was it. It could have been a snake bite? He had a small bit of blood from his bottom when he was found.. but otherwise he was perfect.

We put him in a box where he wasn't cramped. He still looked so beautiful, his fur felt like he stuill could have been alive. I wanted to pick him up and bring him back inside... but I knew I couldn't. We buried him under my favourite oak tree... in a garden bed yet to be planted. That is my Poozel's garden... forever.

Oh how I will miss this fat, naughty cat.
hit.gif

mycat2.jpg

Christmas Cat - Christmas 2010

R.I.P Poozel Berry (Mr Whiskers)... I loved you too much.
hit.gif

I'm so very sorry..He was beautiful and so very cuddly looking!
hugs.gif
. I went through it with the cats from my past. He sounds like he was loved every minute and had a great life with you!
hugs.gif

Cute pictures. Very sorry for your loss. It is so hard when we lose a pet. I always say I will never get another due to the emotional trauma,but then one way or another we are blessed with an animal with its quirky personality that opens our hearts again.

Again sorry for your loss,hugs.

To animal people, whether farm or city, a pet is never "just a cat" or "just a dog." Your Poozel was beautiful, and after your garden area is planted and growing, will be a wonderful place for you to sit and remember your special friend. I'm sorry he's gone.
hugs.gif

this poem is written about a dog, but it describes perfectly all of my pets. The people who say "it's just a ......" are to be pitied because they are missing out on a magical component.

It' Just a Dog

From time to time people tell me, "Lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "That's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and, in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me, and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a human."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile....because they "just don't understand."

- Anonymous

hugs.gif
I lost my English Angora Bunny, Herbert on New Year's Day. I still cry over him a few times a day (and for like 3 hours last night). He was only with me for 4 months but he was my best bud. I have had some lonely times since I moved here & the animals have been my most reliable friends. Herbert especially.
I haven't even told most of my human friends about Herbert because they won't understand. But, when you get up early to spend time with them before work, rush home to see them, and plan for years of them being with you, it is heartbreaking to say goodbye.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom