lost one of my Girls, To what ? I think Coon?

Spitman

Songster
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
It was my wife and I's 19th anniversary this past weekend and I left the Chickens for the first time, they are 12 weeks , 2 guinnies , 4 RIR , 2 BAL , 1 light Brama, 2 bantom Old english, 1 SLW , 1 BR , 1 ISA , and was 4 EE but lost 1
sad.png
I called my 17 year old to remind her to shut the door but she still forgot and then It got to dark and scary for her , long story short, her brother shut the pop door at 1:00am. To late for "Harriet"
sad.png
Last night I went in to check on them in roost and they went nut's !!!!!!! I mean NUT'S, I got so Depressed I used to be able to go in and hold them when they roosted , Now they are all Scared!!!. Will they ever trust me again, and trust the roost, I think that coon just came in the door , up the roost and got him a chicken that coop must have been going crazy!!!!. Lucky I just lost 1, but now I'm afraid that coon or what ever it was is going to be craving organic chicken breast for his Midnight snack. I could'nt find any evadence of the villan , or the chicken, just vanished. By the way they responded last night to me in the coop, I'm sure what ever it was ,came in a 7 1/2" x 11" door. any Ideas , No Blood , No remains.

Most likely a coon - The birds will calm down if they get a few days of safety at night - when I had this happen my birds refused to sleep in the coop for a week. They would do everything they could to escape & sleep in the woods.

Back
Top Bottom