Lost one of my muscovy ducks!! pls help!!

MuscovyDuck2

Hatching
Feb 15, 2019
We have two muscovy ducks for about and yr now. But one of them flew way yesterday, and we did found it this morning and fed her but she keeps going into the water. How can we catch her and bring her home. We are really worried.

A_Fowl_Guy and Chickens really : Thank you so much for your responses. Yesterday morning we found her by the canal few miles away from us. She was the only one there. We gave her treats and tried to call her by the pet name but still she didnt respond. After treats, she went back into the water. By afternoon, we went to check again using a net and treats but she was further down the canal. She used to respond to her name all the time, while she was here, but yesterday she totally ignored us. She's getting ready to lay eggs too. Now, the other duck's lonely. We hope that she can find her way back home :(

If you have a way to make a small fenced area around the dog crate with one side open so she has to actually waddle in to greet the drake. That may work I used a dog x pen to catch a rooster that had been dumped at our church, I took my largest hen put her into a dog crate placed her in the back part of the xpen once the rooster heard her he just walked right in I closed the pen up and picked him up and brought him home. Might work for this time to with your duck. @MuscovyDuck2 !

Back
Top Bottom