Lost one

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by wesleyhw, Jan 2, 2011.

1. wesleyhw

wesleyhw Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2010
    Newnan Ga.
    Lost one of my girls today. Only have 4 left. Let them out like I allways do and late this afternoon I noticed that one was missing. When I checked the nest I found her in the coop. I didn't see anything that may have been wrong. No blood or anything. She was just laying in the corner. I have no idwa what could have happened to her. She was a good layer. I feel bad but thats what happens some times. It doesn't make it any easier.[​IMG]

2. tallyho

tallyho Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    I lost a barred rock like that a few years ago. Never noticed a thing wrong with her. She was out the day before, happily free ranging. I said 'good night' to them when I put them to bed that evening...she was fine. Went to let them out the next morining and she's dead on the floor of the coop. WTH?! I kept watching for sickness in the flock...nothing. I never figured out what happened. She was 1.5 years old. We were very sad because she was so pretty and sweet. You sometimes just never know with chickens.

Sorry about your girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by