lost our first baby

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bturbo87, May 31, 2010.

1. bturbo87

bturbo87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    went to pick up a few LF yesterday morning, and when we got to the place we realized we had to take every one we could afford and had space for. guy who was selling them originally had 15 3 day olds for sale but lost 8 of them overnight due to the ???storm??? we brought home every 3 day old, 8 3 week old 1 4 week old and a 4 month old pair. unfortunately one of the little copper maran 3 days just passed in my wifes hands. everybody seemed to be doing alright last night once we got them warmed up and onto some vitamins, but he just kinda started to go downhill this morning. we went outback to treat our grown flock for some small respitory issues, and whenwe came back in he was just about gone, i got some vitamin water and starter/yogurt down him and gave him to the wife and he just passed on, even though weve only been at this for just about a month surprsingly this was our first loss. and if anyones been following me i had to do surgery to a three 3 day old last month, and she doing fine. so i guess its just a bit of a kick in the gut that we werent able to save this one.... sorry for the rambling...

2. bird

bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Oregon
    [​IMG] I am so sorry..

3. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    sorry to hear that, it's sad to lose a little one. [​IMG]

4. silkiesandbuffs

silkiesandbuffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Weatherford, Texas
    Sorry for your loss [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. SeaHen

SeaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    Springfield, OR
    It's hard to lose little ones. I'm so sorry.

6. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] So sorry to hear about the loss of your little one.

7. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I am so sorry -- losing a chick is the hard part, the really hard part. Darn nice of you snatch up all these chicks and give them a good home. Lucky them.

Jenny

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by