Lost our kitty... (sad post)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by WillsMama93, Apr 27, 2008.

1. WillsMama93

WillsMama93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Shreveport, La
    Well, my son and I came home Friday to a horrible discovery. We had stayed at my parents in town for a few days, coming out to the house after work to feed the cats and take care of my dog, and we had not seen our cat Mister (our siamese tom cat) in a few days. But, since he's a tom who has recently figured out what it is that tom cats love to do, we figured he was off making nice with the neighborhood females. I fed him in his normal spot every afternoon, and the next day, the food was gone.
    Well, when we returned home Friday, my son and I were in the backyard with the chicks, and that's when my son saw the pile of white fur in the neighbors backyard. It seems he got into a fight with something, and lost. They neighbors don't have a dog, but we have foxes and coyotes in the area, but he's never had a problem before, and he's been an outside cat for months. From the looks of things, he put up a good fight.. not all the fur we found was his, but I just hate that we lost him. My son (14) was super mature about it.. he even insisted on being the one to bury Mister. I was very proud of him for the love and care and maturity he showed during a terrible task.
    Thanks for letting me share, I just needed to tell other animal lovers about this experience, casue I knew you all would understand.

[​IMG]

2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    I feel for you. How great that your son took it so well.

We just lost one of our cats too. She crossed the road at the wrong time.

3. CoopDelisle

CoopDelisle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Animals can bring us more comfort than some humans at times. Glad to hear that your son was handling it like a man. This will help him as he will have to deal with harder events in life as it goes on. Hang in their and give your chickens a extra hug. [​IMG]

4. amystours

amystours Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    That's always horrible to have to discover something like that.

Bless all of y'all. Prayers for Mister..

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I am so so sorry. Last year on january 1st, 07 my cat Princess went missing. It is so heartbreaking. Your in my thoughts!

6. appleton78

appleton78 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2008
    Hutchinson, MN
    I am so sorry for all of you. :aww

Not much can be said to dull the pain, just know that many of us have had similar losses, and feel for you all.

Many ((((hugs))))) from MN

Michele

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. If you get another male cat, perhaps it would save some heartache if you "de-tommed" him. It would save more unwanted kittens being born too.

8. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    That's a tough loss. I'm so sorry.

9. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    I'm so sorry about your cat. That's an awfully hard thing to go through. People who do not have and love pets just don't understand they are not just a worthless object, they are family. I had a tomcat that was neutered but still insisted on roaming and fighting with other neighborhood cats. After one fight, he got an infection and died (even after a $400 vet bill). I still miss him, but he left me with a lot of good memories, as I am sure Mister did for y'all.

10. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I'm so sorry. I've lost precious kitties before.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by