LOST POWER

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ByrdFeathers, Mar 21, 2018.

1. ByrdFeathers

ByrdFeathers Songster

Jan 8, 2018
    Bruce, FL
    When I got home from work yesterday power had been off for about 4 hours then it took 2 and a half more hours for it to come back on. This was on day 3 of the incubation. Did that hurt anything or should they still be fine?

2. Rose Quartz

Rose Quartz Crossing the Road

Mar 18, 2018
    East Hants N.S. Canada
    Hard to say. I would candle them now and again in a few days to see if tgeres any change. Most likely it will be a delayed hatch. Cold isnt as bad as hot.

3. ByrdFeathers

ByrdFeathers Songster

Jan 8, 2018
    Bruce, FL

Yea not sure if I will see anything on candling I checked it the night before and they are brown eggs couldn't really see anything. I read several forums that said not to candle until day 10 so I was going to wait. Thanks for your input it makes me feel a little better.

Rose Quartz likes this.
  4. Rose Quartz

Rose Quartz Crossing the Road

Mar 18, 2018
    East Hants N.S. Canada
    yep you can wait to day 10. depending on how dark brown you might not see anything except maybe that they're darker if they are growing. good luck :)

5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Crossing the Road

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Should be fine. Please read Hatching Eggs 101 in the learning center. This one resource will answer all such questions before you even think to ask them, or even face a questionable issue during your incubation. Should be required reading before any one is allowed to touch an incubator plug.

Rose Quartz likes this.
  6. ByrdFeathers

ByrdFeathers Songster

Jan 8, 2018
    Bruce, FL
    I appreciate the response, but do you realize how long it would take to read all the important post. I am working my way through them, was simply trying to get a quick answer to an unexpected problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: