Lost quail to shock

yakitori

Crowing
Jun 22, 2020
New York
Lost one of my 4 week old babies to shock today. I was picking her up for some daily handling today, but the cage door slipped and slammed open so she startled and popped out of my hands. She flew onto a shelf that had a glass bottle on it, then landed on the floor below. The bottle was also toppled in the process and landed right next to her, intact, but made a really loud noise as glass would on tile. She seemed fine at first but she was gone within seconds of me picking her up... I haven't lost a quail since 6 months ago when a few of my week old died, I'm so upset at myself :/

I had a hen schiz out and keel over from apparent heart attack while I was pouring water in their tub. Nothing different than every morning for weeks before that. They’re not exactly built for adventure.

I'm so sorry. Something like that has happened to me once, and I felt so bad, like it was my fault, even though I know that it wasn't.
ugh, I know. I keep thinking about all the “what if”s. I know I’ll get over this one a little bit faster because I didn’t have her for that long, but it’s never easy is it :(

Back
Top Bottom