Lost them all -all my goslings

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by LinckHillPoultry, May 28, 2008.

1. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    It's hard to even tell you guys this. I am in so much shock and I am just sitting here crying my eyes out.

I got home today to find that all three of my goslings were killed. They were in their brooder. My aunt had her STUPID freaking dog in the house, and I don't know why because she KNOWS better. Her dog somehow got into Ernies cage and killed him, and got into the other brooder and killed my 2 younger goslings.

It's so hard now. I've put so much time into them and I carried them around and bonded with them so much. I cared so much about them. It's hard now because everything I worked for with them is gone.
    I hate that dog.
    It better never come here ever again. I can assure it wouldn't survive entering the door.

My whole night is ruined... and I can't even enter the room where they were in.

I don't know what to do

2. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh my god that is aweful. I'm so sorry. [​IMG] I know it was proabably really hard to write that post. I can't even think of what to say.

Sorry.

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I am so sorry... I can't imagine how devastating that would be to lose them to your Aunt's dog when it shouldn't have been there.

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    I'm so sorry,that's a terrible sight to come home to. [​IMG]

5. dogzrule5

dogzrule5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Sanford, NC
    I am so sorry! I have just come into the world of geese and love my Hansel and Gretel. I've only had them for a month and love them so much. Every day I come home from work, I first check on them before going in th house and letting the dogs into the back yard (separate from the pasture).

I worry every morning that something will happen during the day while I'm gone.

I love my dogs and understand instinct, but it doesn't make me feel better when something like this happens. I know my dogs would kill the geese in a heart beat given the chance - well any of the birds actually.

[​IMG]

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I'm so sorry! :-(

7. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    You were one of my hatching buddies. I'm gonna cry too. I am so so sorry for your loss. I hate that other people don't understand the love we all have for our birds. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] I'm sooo sorry....I too know what it's like to lose my babies....

9. eggcochin_freak5

eggcochin_freak5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Georgia
    wow....this happened to my cochins once, my neighbors pittbull got in the lot and killed them all.....need less to say that dog went missing.[​IMG]

10. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* I wish there was something I could do or say to undo this horrid thing for you. Did your aunt have any explanation for herself AT ALL???? I don't know how she could, honestly. My heart goes out to you.[​IMG]:hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by