lost UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jj ranch

Songster
11 Years
Jan 13, 2009
well as you may know, yesterday was day 21, no pips nothing. now no movement or anything. all conditions in bator are fine. im afraid they are all gone. i know i should probably wait but i think after today i will start again.
th.gif
not sure what went wrong but i cant believe i have nothing out of 30!!!
barnie.gif
No pips but movement in some, i shifted bator just to wake em up and 3 moved!!! are they ok what do i do? is the membranes to tuff do you help???

Last edited:
Give them at least 24-48 more hours. Maybe they are slow.

If you really can't stand to wait, pull one and tap a hole in the aircell and see if anyone in alive in there.

It's really hard, I know. Been there, done that!

Quote:
Just sit and wait-- as previously posted-- wait at least another day to 2 days--at LEAST. And opening the incubator at all is going to delay it further.

It's winter-- it's probably just a bit cooler than previous hatches, so maybe they're just sleeping it off a bit and waiting til the last possible moment to come on out!!
fl.gif

I just had to throw away 65, it just happens . Where the eggs fertile, did you candle then? After 21 days if they haven't hatch there probably not going to I know its hard, but the humidity, temperature , alot of things determine the outcome. Try reading up on some of the other posts on trouble shooting we have all had those bad batches.Hang in there practice makes perfect.

its really strange, i candled at day 16 or 17 and things looked fine. even saw one moving. heck some moved yesterday in egg. i think something went wrong in membrane of air sac. last hatch after day 21 we opened a tiny hole and the last two had been dead. so my hopes are not up on any live ones now. they did set out for a week before incubation, does that effect things inside?

sounds good just wait 24 more hours will tell you more but do wait in the winter it some times takes 22 or 23 days i would wait one more at least maybe 2 but one for sure.

Maybe increase the humidity?
Is it naturally humid where you are?

65 was too low for a chick I had pip last night. She was drying out so I bumped the humidity to 75% and she started prgressing again.

Back
Top Bottom