Lost voice???

chickenlady04

In the Brooder
Nov 15, 2015
My 1 year old hen has seemed to lost her voice. She seems perfectly fine and I don't think she is sick. She is acting like her normal self. Although her voice seems very raspy. She is normally a noisy chicken and today she isn't really making any noises. When she does, it's a quiet raspy noise. It's pretty hot and humid where I live. I made sure to keep them cool and I made sure they had plenty of water. Does anyone know what it could be? Should I keep her away from my other hen?

It may be the weather, or not enough air circulation. Wet and warm conditions, mold, dust, and heat inside a coop can all lead to breathing problems. Hopefully, it is nothing serious, and I probably wouldn't bother separating her unless she shows signs of illness, such as watery or foamy eyes, nasal drainage, sneezing, or gasping. A fan to pull air into the coop and blow it out a window on the opposite end, can sometimes help.

It may be the weather, or not enough air circulation. Wet and warm conditions, mold, dust, and heat inside a coop can all lead to breathing problems. Hopefully, it is nothing serious, and I probably wouldn't bother separating her unless she shows signs of illness, such as watery or foamy eyes, nasal drainage, sneezing, or gasping. A fan to pull air into the coop and blow it out a window on the opposite end, can sometimes help.
I have had the same thing quiet and raspy but her normal self.

Back
Top Bottom