Lost

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silly4buttons, Oct 23, 2014.

1. silly4buttons

silly4buttons Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    Today I went to the board of health to register my chickens. I was going over the drawing of the property on where chicken house is where I live how much land is there wetland septic . I also had to describe how my coop and run will be clean and how I am going to care of the flies rodents and whatever else. Anyway she was kinda giving some rules about keeping chicken. She keep saying don't let them out of the run so I informer her the one of my birds like to jump the fence and gave me this dirty look I am not surprise she rip up my paperwork. So I ask her why can't they run the yard if I am out there with them. ''Chickens can't run around the backyard its a nuance " I was shocked so I change the subject then she decide to let me know if they get any complains my permit will be taken away or they won't let me renew next year.. Do you think they are sucking the fun of having chickens or just to harsh?

2. pogmobum

pogmobum Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Ireland
    Way to harsh were do you live that you need a permit in ireland you just get as many chickens as you want and dont have to tell anyone??

3. mtngirl35

mtngirl35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2013
    Tennessee
    It sounds like a real pain in the tail feathers to have to go thru all that. I know a lot of towns have ordinances about backyard chickens but I have never heard of having to go thru all that junk. Way too harsh in my opinion. Glad I live out in the country where nobody thinks chickens are pests.

4. silly4buttons

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma

I live in billerica ma thank you I agree

5. silly4buttons

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    I know when I look at the paper I thought to my are u kidding me. Thank you I love mine I just don't understand :confused:

6. silly4buttons

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    Well the health inspector is out Tuesday to check out my coop and run. Ten I get my permit for my chickens.

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    If it becomes an issue, just throw some betting over the top of the pen to prevent escapees. Sometimes it's better to just lay low than push the envelope! But I do agree that many town laws are utterly ridiculous when it comes to owning chickens!

8. silly4buttons

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    I got my permit :weee:ya

9. pogmobum

pogmobum Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Ireland
    Thats great! Congrats :)

10. silly4buttons