Lots and Lots of chicks, hubby shaking his head

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by silverfilly, Oct 31, 2008.

1. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    well my ducklings hatched even though I had had a 106 spike halfway through, im glad I did not give up on them, got 2 pekins, 2 buff calls, and a magpie. Then also got my Ideal order yesterday as well, 3 Millie Fluers, 5 Gold necked Duccles, 15 white rocks and 6 brown leghorns. This with my 14 2week old silkies and my husband is shaking his head in disbeilief. Good thing he does not pay attention to whats in the bator huh....shhhh Im going to sneak those 30 whelsumers and frizzles in...it will be easy to hide the 2 doz button babys.

Oh what have I done....Oh wait going to be geting some Black Coppers soon too...could not pass them up though. then I swaer the bators are geting packed away..I promise...I think?

PS the leghorns are not mine, those are moms, thats helps a bit huh?

Cant believe I forgot the pic
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] You sound like someone else I know.... hmmm... now who could that be?..... O, that's right, ME! [​IMG]

3. silverfilly

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    and u know less than a year ago I was ...Chickenless!!:eek:

look what yall did to me!

4. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I am in the same boat. Getting ready to make a plan of action and place an order with Ideal. You do not even know how thrilled I am that my husband not only puts up with the chickens, but even Likes them now!!! And says he wouldn't mind having more of them because they are pretty and actually kind of cool!!!! I am more than super duper happy. You all realize, don't you, that this means I will probably end up with 100+ chickens by the end of '09?! Heee hee hee... LOTS of eggs to gather!!

Congrats on all the new babies and hatchlings!! [​IMG]

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    As my hubby would call us.... CRAZY CHICKEN PEOPLE !!! LOL !!!!
    So fun isen't it ??

All you chicks are so cute !!

6. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    You might need to join a 12 step program to handle your addiction. [​IMG]

Chel

7. ChickenTender63

ChickenTender63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    Quote:100 by the end of '09? WHAT? What is going to take so long?

I am just about to get things set up this weekend, and I sure hope that I am able to go from 0 to 100 before '09 comes. Everyone here has me so addicted already, and I have the room, so why not?

Plus, I need to do something to try and make a little money, no sense in sitting around waiting. If all else fails, at least my freezer will be full for quite some time, lol

8. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

You can hide 'em at my place. I'd be happy to help. [​IMG]

9. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG] Yes! That is How it is Done!!! [​IMG]

I wish I could have that many, toooooooo.

What fun! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. silverfilly

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    Well this brings me up to 58 chickens, plus I have 15 welsumers and 15 frizzles/sizzles in the bator...Also have 7 ducks, 20 cotornix and 2 buttons, and of course anouther 24 buttons in the bator. I did not even start in poultry till Feb of this year, so yes By the end of 08 I will probly be right up to 100 chickens alone, not to mention all the other poultry, by the way, how many chickens can I comfortably keep on 15 acres?? [​IMG]

PS and lets not forget the 2 doz marans coming this month

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by