Lots of birds for sale! NJ @ Warren county fairgrounds

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just wanted to let everybody know that I will be selling a whole bunch of things at the Warren County Farmers' Fair this coming week. The fair starts on Sunday and goes until Saturday Aug. 2nd.

I have call ducklings/ducks, a bunch of modern bantam pairs, 50 assorted pullet chicks, a pair of rouen ducks, and a bunch of young hens and pairs. I have some polish, barred rocks, RIRs, cochins, turkens, a pair of silver spangled hamburgs, light brahmas, and a bunch more!

I will be at the fair all week, but if you would like my phone number let me know. If you are interested in any of the birds, I suggest coming in the beginning of the week as they don't last long! I could also do pick up on Friday at my house if there is something you really, really want. Prices available, but I haven't completely priced everything yet.

2. pj_elia

pj_elia Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Do you happen to have any ringneck/collared doves? Also, what bantams do you have, just modern games? I may be at the fair this Sunday.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Currently I only have four ringneck doves. I was hoping for them to produce some young for me this year, but unfortunately a raccoon got to a few of them and I had to move them into my garage. They've been laying eggs, but haven't hatched any. I may have some available in the future though!

I mostly have modern game bantams, but I do have a few cochin banties it looks like. If you come Sunday, you will be welcome to look around at all I have! My friend may be bringing me some things to sell at fair as well. She has pigeons and more chickens.

For the most part, the call ducks are $20 a piece, the teenage chickens (mostly hens) are $10 a piece, and the youngest chicks are $5 a piece. The chicks are all pullets and I got a pretty good variety this year! There are easter eggers, barred rocks, RIRs, and Buff Orps, along with a few speckled white ones. The rouen ducks are $12 a piece. The pairs of modern games are $20/$25 (Nice birds and friendly too!) and any left over roos will be $3-$5 a piece. I lucked out and will only have a few extra roos!

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    My great grandmother lives in Washington... I think that Warren is near her? Am I right?

5. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    If she is in the Washington I'm thinking of, then yes, she is right in Warren County. Actually, that's not too far from the fairgrounds at all. The fairgrounds are located in Harmony.

6. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    pj- elia, I just PMd you re the ringneck doves...

chickerdoodle- how does one go about selling chicks at the fair? I've got some I'd like to sell too...is that possible? I'm 10 min down the road from the fairgrounds...
    I"ll be there Sunday most likely...my dd and I love to see all the animals and wish/dream/hope we could have some of all of them.My DH just wants us to keep on walking by them all...
    Lisa
    PS- what Polish chickens do you have? Ages, colors, sex? Price?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  7. pj_elia

pj_elia Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2008
    Northern NJ
    I've never been to the fair. Is it worth a little of over and hour's drive there? Will there other people selling livestock? I just picked up 2 polish, a cochin, and an americana to add to this year's flock just last weekend. I wish I had a chance to see your's first. I might have to make room for a few bantams though.

8. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Chickerdoodle...what color Polish will you have at the fair tomorrow? How old are they and what sex and price are they?Do we need to bring a box or cage with us if we want to buy any? Can anyone else bring chicks to sell also?
    Hope so....I have some to sell. I need to thin my juvenile pen out a bit...
    Lisa

9. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Chickerdoodle, I'm not going to the fair today after all due to the rain and wet weather. I'll bring my dd tomorrow around lunchtime and see if you are there with your chicks. I'll put a box in the car just in case we see you and you have any Polish chicks that are what we're looking for. Hopefully someone will be there who I can ask about selling some of my surplus chickies too...
    Hope to see any and all of you BYC peeps there too.
    CD- did you ever get to meet up with that guy with the ringneck doves? Hope so...
    Lisa

10. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oh cool, well then I'm only about an hour from the fair grounds. I won't get out there, I know it... but if you'll have ducklings afterwards, keep me in mind [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by