Lots of cute cluckers!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Orcae, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Orcae

Orcae Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    Currently, we have 1 buff orpington hen (Granny), 3 buff orpington/rhode island red mix hens (Taffy, Vanilla, October), 2 buff orpington/rhode island red roosters (Snickers, Eagle), two polish hens (Tokitae and Lolita) and one polish rooster (Calypso). We just lost a BO/RIR mix hen to a heat spell last week [​IMG]
    I don't have pictures of everyone anymore, but I do have some! The polishes are new and I don't have many pictures of them yet, but I'll share what I have!

Here's our flock of mix hens and roos, back when it was larger than it is now.
    [​IMG]
    And our mix roosters, Eagle and Snickers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the polishes!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We also have royal palm turkeys;
    [​IMG]

And african and/or chinese geese!
    [​IMG]
    With one gosling!
    [​IMG]

I'm curious about the temperament of everyone's polish roosters and african/chinese geese. Our geese are terribly mean, and so far, Calypso seems to be friendly, but will it last? I'd love to see pictures of everyone else's polishes, they're my favorite breed!

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG] Unfortunately I own none of the birds you do as of now though I'm still looking for some opringtons!

3. enjoyin' my chickens

enjoyin' my chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Hinesville, Ga
    Your birds are beautiful. I enjoyed looking.

4. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    I've not met many friendly geese. I've met many friendly ducks! I also have a Buff Orpington. I hope when she's all grown up she's as beautiful as yours. Lovely group of pets.

5. Orcae

Orcae Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    Thanks everyone! [​IMG] We just got 6 more hens today of various breeds, one being a speckled sussex - another breed I've always wanted!

[​IMG]

The two black ones are named Asuka and Athena; Athena is a black australorp, and Asuka is a black copper maran.
    The white one is Freya; she's a delaware.
    The tan ones are Kohana and Kiva, they're mixes.
    The speckled one is Lupa; she's a spotted sussex.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  6. Orcae

Orcae Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    Better picture of Calypso, my oh-so handsome polish roo <3
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by