Lots of Fairy Eggs, is this normal?

Lyssa

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
I have 2 pullets who were born last July. One started laying at the end of January, and she started with large green eggs. But, the other only started laying anything and so far all we are getting is tiny eggs. Mind you these are both big girls.

I have actually gotten 5 of these fairy eggs from her, but the first one I cracked open to see the insides and it was just whites, then I composted it. But, in the past 4 days I have gotten these...
I know some girls take some time to get started, but I am hoping to get an incredible edible egg at some point.
Any ideas?

Lyssa

I have 2 pullets who were born last July. One started laying at the end of January, and she started with large green eggs. But, the other only started laying anything and so far all we are getting is tiny eggs. Mind you these are both big girls.

I have actually gotten 5 of these fairy eggs from her, but the first one I cracked open to see the insides and it was just whites, then I composted it. But, in the past 4 days I have gotten these...
I know some girls take some time to get started, but I am hoping to get an incredible edible egg at some point.
Any ideas?

Lyssa
wow those really are some little guys! Cute! Hope she starts laying the real thing soon!

Those are so cute! Maybe your hens are trying to get you to eat healthier by giving you only egg whites?
hu.gif

I would give your pullet a little more time to get her 'system' in sync, and hopefully she'll lay regular eggs. But if she continues frequently laying such tiny eggs, I wouldn't breed her. It could be genetic, and tiny eggs might be passed to her daughters...

Last edited:
Those are so cute! Maybe your hens are trying to get you to eat healthier buy giving you only egg whites?
hu.gif

I would give your pullet a little more time to get her 'system' in sync, and hopefully she'll lay regular eggs. But if she continues frequently laying such tiny eggs, I wouldn't breed her. It could be genetic, and tiny eggs might be passed to her daughters...

Would be kinda hard to breed her if she doesn't lay a normal egg...
lau.gif

Lol joke!

Thanks for the responses!
Well between the small eggs and the no Rooster rule I have
celebrate.gif

I wonder what is a good amount of time to give her...

Back
Top Bottom