Lots of good pics of my really nice duck house ( :

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cat1994, Oct 24, 2010.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    This is my duck house that my dad and I made
    The front (I put ply wood up over the wire walls when its winter to keep snow out)
    [​IMG]
    The side, you can see the lil door that opens up to the nesting area so I can clean it
    [​IMG]
    Right inside the door, see the divider between my walk way and where the ducks live
    [​IMG]
    other pic of the divider and the ducks area
    [​IMG]
    The nesting area with wood floor and straw bedding (they are not laying right now so I have no nest boxes in there)
    [​IMG]
    The feed and water area with wire floor and my white call ducks
    [​IMG]
    You can see the walkway the ducks use to go around the divider I put up (so I can pen them seperate if I need to)
    [​IMG]
    Another pic you can see both parts of the pen and my call ducks
    [​IMG]
    Thanks I just had to tell everyone about it b/c I like it so much

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Thats a nice set up you have there...lovely ducks too

3. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Nice work. It's roomy and practical. I like the use of old lumber. You can later even a corrugated plastic panels to allow light in and to keep the weather out. I also like your smart thinking about keeping the food and water mess down. Well planned and nicely executed.

4. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Thanks, all of it is recycled lumber. I frist made it for my big pekin ducks, but I sold them for these cute call ducks so now the pen is really roomy for the lil guys. Thats a cool idea about the corrugated plastic panels to allow light in and to keep the weather out Ill have to try that this winter. I got the idea about keeping the food and water on wire from my permade hen house I got thats like that.

5. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    [​IMG] I like it.

6. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Very nice!! As has already been said--well-thought-out, nicely executed. I love to see folks re-using materials, and you've done a beautiful job of it. Pretty birds, too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by