Lots of peeping, AND quite a few chickies. :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Frozen Feathers, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    What's taking them so long?? See a couple of tiny cracks (no I'm not opening the bator so don't yell at me!) and rocking and hear quiet peep, peep, peeping, but I want them out now!!! I hardly slept last night...I kept hearing littles peeps and got up to go look. Guess I shouldn't keep the bator in my bedroom. Why are they taking soooo long? Okay it is only day 21...but technically it could only be day 20. I've been standing at the bator chanting "Hatch babies, hatch!" Maybe I'm scaring them...
    Going back to stare at my eggs now...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  2. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Waiting here too. [​IMG] I love it when the start peeping in the shell...I always think to myself...did I really hear that?

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

All you can do is make sure your humidity is up where it should be and wait. This is the absolute hardest part!

4. Stop it! You're making ME nervous [​IMG]

I'll keep checking for progress reports.
    Got my fingers crossed for both groups of eggs.
    (XX)

Lisa
    (I gotta go down and get the goatie-boys, Cupid and Archer (aka Heathen and Hooligan aka Stinky and Smelly) and bring them up front.
    They are (I hope) going to their new home today.)

5. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    I am not seeing anything. I didn't lift the bator lid to listen even though I was very tempted. Urggghhhhhhhh.........
    Now I am wondering if I counted the days correctly.

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    My mouse just decided to die on me and I just had a heck of a time posting this. I'm using the "tab" button only... old school style so sorry for the lack of smilies, my wonderful wireless keyboard (who's idea was that to get a wireless battery dependent keyboard...not mine [​IMG] )also died and I had to pull the batteries out of my camera to get the keyboard to work!!! ARG!!!! [​IMG]

But I do have good news...
    ONE hatched!!!!! YAY!! Looks like a little white one. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ! And 5 have pipped!! [​IMG] Lots of chirping going on!! So exciting!

As soon as I get more batteries I will post pics...I promise!!
    YAY!!! YAY!!

{Edited to include smilies} [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2007
  7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Congratulations! It's gotta be the most exciting thing in the world, to watch a chick hatch!

8. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    The one batch I hatched the first little chick could hear the others ones peeping. So it would go over to their eggs and peck at them. It was so cute like it was trying tohelp them out. Good luck and make sure to post pictures for us hatching addicts.

9. Smart girl! I wouldn't have thought to use the tab button!

edited to say: It works. I'll remember that if my mouse goes out!

Congratulations on the chick!

Lisa

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  10. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    I want to see pics! I just set some from Lisa Saturday and have a looonnnng way to go, so I need some "chick-crack" right now! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by