Lots of people asking for hatching eggs from me.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Shannoniganshens, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Shannoniganshens

Shannoniganshens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    West TX
    I sell my dozens of eggs, 2-3 bucks a pop, pending on jumbo or large, have my own cartons. Well I posted on Cl and people want me to sell them hatching eggs....and my girls aren't just mixed together, I have breeding pens and my roosters stay put up away from the girls till I am ready to hatch. I've got FBCM's, BPR, RIR,Ameracauan's, Austrolorps...I'm wondering....cause these people expect 3 bucks for some hatching eggs, they come out here, see what I have going on, then start talking hatching eggs....and how much would I sell them......What do I say? Now the calls are, are your eggs fertile right now? If so can I pick up 4 dozen and could you not wash them??? Is it just me or is this a "scam"/spam Get your dirty eggs!!!!! Should I tell them yes and follow their requests let them incubate some non-fertile eggs as a lesson [​IMG] ????

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I would just tell them that all eating eggs are washed and refrigerated for a minimum of 48 hours before selling. If they want unwashed, unrefrigerated hatching eggs, they'll be X price. If they want to try incubating your washed/refrigerated eggs, it's their $3. AND, I might consider raising the price on the jerks that are trying to scam you out of free birds. [​IMG]

3. Shannoniganshens

Shannoniganshens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    West TX
    O.k., so I'm right, I was kind of feeling like I was the jerk, but I do feel like they are wanting free birds. I know my flock isn't the greatest,but they supply my family in so many ways, that yes I am very proud of them and they hit me up right as I've set up my added breeding pens. (I'm addicted [​IMG] ) They had someone else call me today, same request, just this person was unsure of what exactly to say/ask, and I told them I slaughtered my entire flock and would no longer have chickens or tasty eggs for sale. I would never, but this isn't yahoo email, I hopefully deleted in my own way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by