Lots of phlegm? Any ideas what could be causing it?

barnie.gif
I am so sick of all this darn phlegm! I coughed up phlegm about 20 times today. That is the most yet. And tonight it started being a white color. I am going to a doctor tomorrow anyway (I have been dizzy for the past 2 years) I am going to ask her about it and if she doesnt know what it is then I will have to go to my regular doctor.

Thank you for all your input so far guys!
wink.png

Last edited:
sunny & the 5 egg layers :

barnie.gif
I am so sick of all this darn phlegm! I coughed up phlegm about 20 times today. That is the most yet. And tonight it started being a white color. I am going to a doctor tomorrow anyway (I have been dizzy for the past 2 years) I am going to ask her about it and if she doesnt know what it is then I will have to go to my regular doctor.

Thank you for all your input so far guys!
wink.png

Hope it gets better. Please let us know what the doctor says and what meds are prescribed.
pop.gif

In my case, I had been coughing and off/on plegm since December -- NINE months! I finally got into the Dr. and discovered I have Asthma & was suffering from a Sinus infection when he saw me too.

20 days of antibiotics, and some Asthma meds, and I'm a new == non-coughing person!

Good luck at the DR. hope your recovering is swift and complete!!

The doctor said that it could be an infection. So she gave me some amoxicillion for it.

Calicokat- That is horrible. I am happy to hear that you are better now though. I have only been coughing it up for a month; I couldn't imagine nine months!

Thank you for all your input guys!
smile.png

Well, mine wasn't always phlemy, so I just kept ignoring it and thinking it would go away. You know how it is. . . . I'm a mom, I've got more important things to do . . . .blah blah. . . and drop myself to the bottom of the list
roll.png

What's funny is, the kids & I were in a store about a week ago and they went off to another section. They finally found me again and said, "Gee it's a lot harder to find you now, we kinda got used to the cough as our homing beacon" LOL
lau.gif

UPDATE:
Well, after trying the Amoxicillin for 10 days, nothing changed. I went to the doctors the other day and they told me to try claritan. They said it could be allergies. I didn't know that allergies could last that long?

When i have sinus infections ( I get them often) they give me a Z pack, the kind you take for a few days and it tapers down each day. That's the only thing that helps my infections as it presses on my teeth nerves and gives me severe tooth acres. I kept going to the dentist thinking I had an abscessed tooth, nope - bad sinus infection. Now my teeth alert me if I am coming down with the sinus infection.... Cingular, Zertec I take on regular bases for the allergies. Hope you find the cause soon and get the right meds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom