Lots of Pics of my new Nigerian Dwarf kid...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by RedStickLA, May 11, 2009.

1. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG]
    My husband gave me a new little girl for my birthday! Her name is “Bluff Creek SQ Sugar Maple”. Her sire is “Lost Valley KW Sequoia” and her dam is "Bluff Creek Sassafrass" since both parents’ names are trees…I picked a tree name “Sugar Maple” and I will call her “Maple”. She is a cute little thing! [​IMG] I just love that she has one brown ear and one white…it’s too cute! Poor thing was more stressed when she came home than my other three girls that were also bottle babies; I think because she was left with her mom longer than they were. But she has settled in now and is doing great…gobbling down her bottles.
    Mitzi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a good shot of her different colored ears. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

[​IMG] Too cute - I love her markings - my dd has a little choc and white buckling. They are so sweet - I love watching him pounce around.

3. RedStickLA

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Quote:Thank you!

On another note...I have not forgotten you. All but 3 of my cochins went broody on me! And I have not had any luck trying to break them up; they are all very determined to hatch some chicks. I am only getting one or two eggs a day with an occasional 3 egg day but nothing I can count on. [​IMG]
    Mitzi

4. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    She's beautiful! How old is she?

I had a kid like that last year w/ the two colored ears, her's was one black and one white, I just loved that! She was such a beautiful, flashy kid!

5. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Oh, how adorable!!! [​IMG] I've been trying to tell myself I don't have the time or space for goats, but seeing pictures like that makes me want some again [​IMG] Congrats on the baby! [​IMG] Oh, and Happy Birthday!

6. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Very cute!

I'm picking up my first two goats -- also Nigerian dwarfs -- this coming Saturday. But mine are wethers, and they're already weaned. I can't wait! [​IMG]

7. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Very cute my two baby Nigi does just when to their new homes yesterday. Im sure missing them but I have one buckling left.

8. FourSnyders

FourSnyders Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Oh, she is so beautiful! I love her coloring and markings!

9. RedStickLA

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG] Thank you! She is a little over two weeks old now. She was born on Saturday, April 25th and I picked her up on Wednesday, May 6th. I have loved bottle feeding all of my girls. It’s a big commitment, especially in the first couple of weeks, but I enjoy it so much. You develop such a bond with them.

Do you still have your little black & white eared doe? If you have some pics I would love to see them!

Mitzi

10. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

awwww precious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by