Lots of pictures of my chicken family

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kinardmommy, Aug 5, 2008.

1. kinardmommy

kinardmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Texas
    Well, first I would like to introduce my rooster. He is a Black Australop and is 22 wks old.
    [​IMG]

He is such an excellent roo. The hens always get to eat first and he always looks out for them and comes running when they call.

Here are my four Black Astralop hens. They are also 22 weeks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These next four are of my 16 weekers. These are the first chickens that I ever hatched. Only the two cochins are purebred. I ordered the eggs online. The rest came from a friend of the family and all of his chickens free range. He has several different types and they all mix.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is one of my cockrels. He is about 12 -13 weeks. He is free to a good home if anyone from SE Texas wants him. He has four brothers that look just like him that can go too.
    [​IMG]

Thank you for looking at some of my family pics.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. herbsherbsflowers

herbsherbsflowers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Covington, GA
    You have some lovely chickens. I have all one kind. I like all the vaiety.

3. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Very nice chicken family! Mine are only 9 weeks...I can't wait til they get that big! Thanks for sharing.

4. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Soooo....you have to get rid of them 4 extra roos? I wish I could have a roo. But...I would want the same one that you want to keep. I am not allowed to have a roo unfortunately. STINKS!

Edited the word "S()CKS" for the word "STINKS" is all.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by