LOTS OF QUESTIONS FROM OH!

aeg1001

Songster
10 Years
May 11, 2009
Small town, Ohio
Hello i am a proud owner of chickens..... a lot of chicken(for me). We have several different breeds, all different ages.

We recieved a buff orpington that was already laying, none of our other chickens are laying yet. She has started pecking all the other chickens, a couple to death (we think its her...keep reading). I have been told to try viniger in the water, did that, we got feed that had more protien, and there is more than enough room in the chicken house. She has 4 different laying boxes to choose from, and its not like they crowed her, she runs after them. Is there anything else we can do other than pin her up?

We also have some Rhode Island red roosters and i noticed today they were starting to fight, could they be the ones hurting the chickens? My fiance and i were talking today we came to the realization that almost all the chickens that had been hurt or killed were roosters.

We also have some Golden Comets and my fiance said that the roosters are marked different then the hens, but i swear some of them are roosters. Bc of the recent fighting and what not going on in the chicken house we have began to build pins for the roosters, if i put some pics up here can someone help me be sure of what they are.

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE GIVIN
smile.png

Im sure evryone on here will be able to offer some great advice once you've uploaded some pics, good luck and welcome from Cornwall, uk
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom