Lots of questions!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by owedixo, May 15, 2016.

1. owedixo

owedixo Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2016
    I have had Easter Egger chicks for 3 days now. I hatched them my self [​IMG]! They are 3 days old and I am feeding them chick crumbles. How much longer should I feed them crumbles and switch to chicken food. And what can you suggest for treats? And my development has a rule that you must have a farm management plan in order to have chickens? Does anyone know what that is?
    Thanks!!

2. Jensownzoo

Jensownzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO
    Should feed chick starter for 8 weeks or so and grower until roughly you see the first egg. Some feeds are grower/starter, so you can stick with the same one. Some people with existing flocks have to do it a bit differently, but no reason to if you're just starting out.

Ask your development for a sample plan to get what kinds of things they are looking for. Likely has to do with manure management, odor/noise control, etc.

3. owedixo

May 12, 2016
    Ok what could I use for treats?

4. Jensownzoo

Jensownzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO
  5. owedixo

May 12, 2016
    My development would really care about a plan, can you give me any advice on what to say to convince them?

6. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Ask your development what other people have presented them or what exactly they are looking for.
    Without knowing what your development wants/needs in your plan, not much we can do to help you with your management plan.

7. owedixo

May 12, 2016
    Just called my development! I'm presenting them with my plan and asking to keep chickens on June 14! Wish me luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by