1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lots of sickness - need good thoughts & prayers please

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Jan 4, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    On Wednesday of last week, DH and I both had sinus trouble. I was feeling better by Wed. night, only to start running a high fever on Thursday. DH came home early from work on Friday, with respiratory symptoms. We've both just been laying around with flu-like symptoms since.
    On Saturday, DH laid down for a nap without putting his CPAP and oxygen on. He got up 45 minutes later having one of his heart episodes. These are too complicated to explain here, but basically they aren't heart attacks and are only dangerous if they continue too long. Since this one lasted quite awhile, I called DSD to come stay with the animals so I could take DH to the ER. While we waited for her to arrive we put DH on his oxygen and he got immediate relief, so no trip to the hospital.
    DH still has some respiratory symptoms, but went back to work today. My fever went away only to come back this morning. I'm doing my best to take care of the critters and just resting when I can. We don't have family around to help, except for DSD and she's not really any help. DH is upset with me for going outside in the cold so much to take care of the chickens, but they have to be cared for.
    I'm really frustrated by being sick with a viral thing this long, since I usually shake them off pretty quickly.
    Just need good thoughts and prayers please.

2. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    Sending you "feel better" vibes! [​IMG] I hope you're back on your feet fast. [​IMG] I always take oregano oil as soon as I feel something and it's really helped! We've been grateful that noone here has caught anything so far this winter. It's always such a bummer to get a flu or cold. Stay warm, I know this weather isn't helping anyone either!

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Sorry Gritsar that you are not feeling well, and your DH as well. Stay warm and take care.
    I'd come take care of your animals, but they'd starve by the time I got there. [​IMG]

Imp

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Remember what happened to me???? Go to the Dr!!!!

5. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    [​IMG] oh do I hear you.

My 8 yr. old spiked a high fever of close to 104* last tues. night... with using ibuprofen on dr.'s orders... i would get it to go down a little but then it would spike again and then on wed. my 3 yr. old started with the high fever.... today... today 8 yr. old woke up with normal temp!!! woo hooo! It has been a very looooong week. Still waiting for the 3 yr. olds fever to break. And they felt miserable and would wake up all night long and at different times. They never had high fevers like this for so long. The dr. said it was the flu and only bring them in if they are wheezing, can't swallow, or are extremely lethargic.

So hopefully Grit, you have another day or two of the fever and it will go away after that. My dr. said 5-7 days. But they are still coughing but I have a nebulizer and some meds from last month I can treat that with.

So do I ever hear you on the tired of being tired plea. This mama is bushed and feeling my own ickyness. Heart dr. called today and said they are upping my meds again.... oh joy. I know you know what that's like trying to regulate meds for conditions... sigh.

I think your dh is naughty for not putting his breathing apparatus on. But I'm glad it got under control again and a trip to the ER was not needed.

Big hugs,
    Gretch

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Quote:no, what?

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Maple, 5 to 7 days really? Here I was thinking it was very unusual that it has lasted 4 days already. [​IMG]

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Thanks for the sweet offer Imp [​IMG] , but alas Jax has been trained to chew up every imp he sees.

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Quote:I know... it worried me. I thought like for little kids anything longer than 3-4 days was bad. But they said what they were seeing in the office is going 5-7 days.

bad bugs! bad!

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] sending prayers your way for both of you!! Maplesky too!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by