Lots of Unknown Chickens; Need Help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kevintheroosty, Sep 30, 2012.

1. kevintheroosty

kevintheroosty New Egg

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]What kind? Same as the chicken 1 pic.below
    [​IMG]
    Does this look like a boy or a girl? 12 week Australorp

[​IMG] What kind of chicken is this? We named her Lady Godiva,because she looks like chocolate.

Alright so we got some chickens from MYpetchicken.com (Great site; go check it out!) We ordered 12 but had an order double. But so now we have no idea what kind of chickens we have. (Since the order was doubled and we ordered 3 mixed breeds!) We need some help learning the breeds!

[​IMG]Our devil chicken Pippin, What breed is she? She doesn't have Ear tufts; If that helps!

2. fuzziecreatures

fuzziecreatures Chillin' With My Peeps

Easter egger for the first and third pic. Wonderful chickens!
    Austrolorp is a cockerel. Alot of comb and wattles for 12 weeks, I think I see pointed saddle feathers too. His legs are yellow under the slate coloring. Either Jersey Giant or bad leg coloring from a hatchery. I had an Aussie with yellow legs that I thought was a JG but she matured quickly and was smaller than my actual JG.
    No clue on breed of the other one, pretty though. Also potential cockerel

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  3. kevintheroosty

kevintheroosty New Egg

Sep 30, 2012
    HI - we posted some additional pictures of the chickens now that they are older. It appears that the Australorp vs JG is a cockerel, but we still don't know about the gray/white one-what it is and male vs. female . I am attaching a couple of newer pics- what do you think? You seem to have some of the best advice that we have received :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    ee pullet
    assuie cockerel
    ee pullet
    looks like a mixed breed and a cockerel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by