Lotsa drama in this backyard =O

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AJ666, Jun 22, 2010.

1. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    My neighbor/friend who introduced me to chickens started with 5 bantams, she let the bantams hatch some eggs and got 3 hens n 1 roo out of that, added 30 domoniques and austrolorps, got rid of about 25 of the large birds, and just recently got about 30 EE's Speckled Sussex, and australorps. She now has 6 roos and there is a lotta drama goin on over there. The birds are split up in two flocks: Goldie (Japanese bantam) His children, the other bantam hens, and the domonique/ australorps. Goldies son, Roosta, as domonated goldie and now is boss in his flock.
    in the other flock, the EE roo, Bob, is now boss. There is another EE roo, two speckled sussex, and one Australorp roo. The two groups basically stay away from each other most of the time, but when those new roos were goin through their pecking order stage, all faught goldie at one point or another and won. Poor goldie, who was once so proud, is shoved to the bottom. It is rather sad to see the beautiful roo who was once the leader of many knocked down to the bottom, even by his own son!
    Its kinda fun to sit and watch them, its like a soap opera.

2. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    LoL... daytime drama for those without TV's! [​IMG]

3. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Yeeeeap he tries to mount the bigger hens and he just cant get up there... too short poor guy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by