LOTSSSSSS O' PICS!!! PLEASE Help me decide WHAT these are!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Guitartists, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    First up is my Golden Sebright & my Polish X (Both 2-3 weeks old)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is Korben my Self-blue d'Uccle...pretty sure he is a roo.... (5-6 weeks old)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next are my two Cochins...one Frizzled, one not. I know the Frizzle is a roo...how bout the other? (6-7 weeks old?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, my Australorp X (5-6 weeks old)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    He was born same day as that EE in the background [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for the Barred Rock... came from the pullet bin (3 weeks old?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now here are three 5-6 week old mixes... The one I think is a pullet is definitely Buff Orp x EE and the others are most likely Buff Orp X's or Wyandotte x's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for Fattie the Faverolle.. bought as a Mahogany, but I think it must be a sport color. There were two lighter and two much darker chicks for sale.. this is one of the lighter ones. (4 weeks old?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is one of my EEs.... Not sure if this one is a roo or not.... what color would you call this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just for fun.......

Here's Stewpot

[​IMG]

Here's the EE that plays hookie [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My EE hen and my Mille Fleaur d'Uccle Roxie [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My pretty Silver EE roos [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spaghetti and his girls...... He's looking so nice with his feathers growing back in [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And...last but not least.... Halo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OMGOSH your birds are amazingly CUTE! I loved all the big pictures. Do you house your silkie with your big girls? Do they bother her? I so want a silkie but think she may get hurt [​IMG] I also would LOVE to get a fizzle! They are awesome! great pics!

3. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    They are temporarily all together as the standards are still young and haven't gotten bigger than my bantams yet. They will eventually move into their own banty housing [​IMG] But I have seen at least one breeder out there who is breeding for a larger Silkie.... http://freestepfarm.com/poultry.htm You might look into his/her birds [​IMG]

4. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I have mixes and some breeds/pures from Freestep Farm, (Carla Freestep). I just have pets though. I got two really pretty "silkie hybrid" girls from her, silkie/phoenix mixes, a little skittish but pretty ladies. I dont have any of her large silkies and havent seen them yet. I live near her so I have access to "culls" from her Silkie Project. I also just hatched 10 Black Copper Marans from eggs I got from her. Can't wait to see how they turn out? She's great to deal with and has the prettiest eggs.

5. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Yes... I plan to get Marans eggs from her when I get ready for them [​IMG] She looks to have beautiful birds [​IMG]

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    THANK YOU! I'm going to check that out now. I would love a larger silkie how cute would that be! lol

7. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    LOL.... now that that is settled....[​IMG] Anyone have any guesses on the sexes of my chicks? [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Do I have too many pics in one post for you all? Should I break it down into seperate postings? I figured it was more convenient like this... but maybe not [​IMG]

9. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    LOVE the little Frizzle male. He is so cute!

~Casey

10. Plymouthroxgal

Plymouthroxgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    The Sebright Looks Like a Roo Because the wing comes down more then the hen and the tail is coming up and curving more.
    But I Might Be wrong

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by