Loud Buff Orpington, anyone else got one?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jacksbackw, Aug 25, 2016.

1. jacksbackw

jacksbackw New Egg

Mar 13, 2015
    I have two of em. One is pretty quiet except for egg laying song. The other is like a darned shrieking crow. She was loud from beginning making a sort of honking noise. Now that she is mature she shrieks, especially in the morning before she is let out of the run. She does it throughout the day as well but not as frequently. The morning shriek will go on every few minutes until she is let out and I am concerned that my neighbors are going to complain.
    Does anyone else havea BO like this? Any ideas one what to do about it?
    Thanks

2. SueT

SueT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    The one I had was quiet. She did make a honking noise but that's all. She was taken by a daytime predator when a year and a half old, wish she had made more noise to alert us, oh well ....everyone is confined now.

3. LunaChickie

LunaChickie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2016
    Oh my gosh YES. I just got my first flock. One Buff Orpington. She is 7 months old and SO FLIPPING NOISY!! None of the rest make much noise at all but she is hilariously clucky. I am a bit worried about my neighbor too. Time will tell.

No suggestions since I've just had them for 3 days now. Hopefully someone else has something to try. I've noticed it calming down a bit now that they've been together these 3 days. She was from a different previous home so maybe she's just settling in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by