Loud Buff Orpington, anyone else got one?

jacksbackw

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 13, 2015
I have two of em. One is pretty quiet except for egg laying song. The other is like a darned shrieking crow. She was loud from beginning making a sort of honking noise. Now that she is mature she shrieks, especially in the morning before she is let out of the run. She does it throughout the day as well but not as frequently. The morning shriek will go on every few minutes until she is let out and I am concerned that my neighbors are going to complain.
Does anyone else havea BO like this? Any ideas one what to do about it?
Thanks

The one I had was quiet. She did make a honking noise but that's all. She was taken by a daytime predator when a year and a half old, wish she had made more noise to alert us, oh well ....everyone is confined now.

Oh my gosh YES. I just got my first flock. One Buff Orpington. She is 7 months old and SO FLIPPING NOISY!! None of the rest make much noise at all but she is hilariously clucky. I am a bit worried about my neighbor too. Time will tell.

No suggestions since I've just had them for 3 days now. Hopefully someone else has something to try. I've noticed it calming down a bit now that they've been together these 3 days. She was from a different previous home so maybe she's just settling in.

I have two of em. One is pretty quiet except for egg laying song. The other is like a darned shrieking crow. She was loud from beginning making a sort of honking noise. Now that she is mature she shrieks, especially in the morning before she is let out of the run. She does it throughout the day as well but not as frequently. The morning shriek will go on every few minutes until she is let out and I am concerned that my neighbors are going to complain.
Thanks
No ideas on how to stop it but I have 4 and 2 of them squawk loads in the morning and again at night. They do a bit during the day as well but it's not as noticable! Just had to go and tell one off as it's 9.40 at night and she's still going!🤯🤯 😂😂

Currently my loudest girl is my oldest girl, 6year old BO. Sometimes it's been a Wyandotte, they talk all day but maybe not super loud, Maran's ~ loud, Barnevelder honks, Cream Legbar sounds like Elmer Fud, Welsummer screams if I come in when she's laying... And my point is that all hens can be really loud so it's unfortunate when people think that only roosters are loud and it's safe to get hens. Hopefully your neighbor's have a barking dog to even the score??

Thanks
minr tend to squak a lot

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom