LOUD Chickens

maemanea

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2019
Nebraska
Anyone know what's up with loud chickens? We have Polish ladies and they're obnoxiously loud during the day. I was losing my mind thinking they were possibly roosters at some point but, they're JUST loud. When I read about it, all there is info on is that it's a behavioral thing that means they're communicating with one another. The other thing that pops up is that they are only loud when laying. But the Polish haven't been laying as much. Anyone else have any ideas why they're this loud?

Some birds are just more talkative than others. Is it certain specific birds more than others, or are they all seemingly equally noisy? I have 3 birds that definitely make the bulk of the noise.

People think that roosters are loud with their crowing but I have found from experience that the hens are much louder and more obnoxious! One will lay an egg and 4 more will join in the singing and talking and then the rooster starts in as well and it's just a loud chicken party! It's just the way they are! :lau

Some birds are just more talkative than others. Is it certain specific birds more than others, or are they all seemingly equally noisy? I have 3 birds that definitely make the bulk of the noise.

Seems like a couple of our polish and our Brahma. I'm just glad it's not super uncommon!!! It's our first flock:jumpy

People think that roosters are loud with their crowing but I have found from experience that the hens are much louder and more obnoxious! One will lay an egg and 4 more will join in the singing and talking and then the rooster starts in as well and it's just a loud chicken party! It's just the way they are! :lau

That's right! I never imagined they'd be such party girls, but they really are! Thank you for sharing that, I'm happy it's not too unusual.

It's enough to make you go a wee bit mad. I've stopped bothering trying to clean the coop in the mornings. It's just to loud in there. Then again, in the afternoon it seems I always get a couple supervisors, one on each side, screaming "YOU MISSED A CHUNK!!!" and "WHERE'S THE FRESH POWDER????"

Back
Top Bottom